Sixteen members of the Mandela family were granted a draft order against Mandla in the Mthatha High Court last week.
The family are demanding for the remains of Madiba's children to be reburied in Qunu after Mandla moved them to his homestead in Mvezo two years ago.
According to an amendment to the order made on Tuesday, Madiba's grandson has been given until 3pm on Wednesday to remove the remains from Mveso.
On Tuesday, Mandla’s lawyer Phillip Zilwa said there should never have been a court order granted against his client and called the case frivolous.
He said Mandla did not even have an opportunity to defend himself against the allegations.
Their advocate, David Smith, referring to the charges now laid against Mandla, said the way in which the remains were exhumed was illegal.
Meanwhile, Madiba remains hospitalised at the Mediclinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria where he was admitted on 8 June due to a reoccurring lung infection.
ANC Secretary General Gwede Mantashe who described Mandela's family as boring said on Tuesday morning that it is worrying that the family were fighting while Mandela was in hospital.
During a prayer service outside Luthuli House for the former president in Johannesburg, Mantashe admitted he was concerned.
“The family must look at Mandela and see that he was a unifier. They must reconcile. They must talk to each other and find a common goal.”