Tuesday 15 October 2013

I want to meet Mandela - Oprah Winfrey

The American  talk show host Oprah Winfrey came out to say that she would really like to visit ailing former president Nelson Mandela but respects the family's decision to grant him privacy during this difficult time.

Winfrey, who is in South Africa  wished the world icon a speedy recovery saying she prays for Madiba’s recovery every day.

"There was a time in July when he went to hospital again that I along with everybody was holding my breath and was relieved to find that he was able to go home".

Winfrey however  says that she does not have plans to visit because when President Barack Obama was in the country he was not allowed to visit the former president.

"I assumed that I would not be allowed to him but I will check in with Graca Machel before I leave though".

Winfrey has also brought with her a team of motivational experts to engage South African women of all ages on a positive mental attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment